A GAME WHERE EVERYTHING CAN HAPPEN - BY MY SAYING SO
My work is personal and intimate and I like to use humor to get around current mental states. Either on video, drawing or in sculpture, I seek situations where body and object meet and I like to see them as framework for each other. The tension between function and form is an ongoing challenge for me in my work. I am attracted to how function determines form. In this way I like to define objects and functions that have never been seen before and I see my work as an invitation to a game where everything can happen by my saying so.
Mie Mogensen received her MFA from San Francisco Art Institute in 2013. After 5 years in San Francisco, CA, Mie moved to London. Now she is based in Copenhagen, Denmark where she lives with her husband and 2 kids.
Upcoming shows 2019
• Luxuria // Desire & Deception, Pavillon No. 11 Kronprinsessegade 11, Kbh K, DK. Event link.
• Home Is Where The House Is (EVENT), Collaboration between Carissa Potter and Mie Mogensen. Site-specific exhibition in a private house outside of Copenhagen. Article about the show by I Do Art.
• With A Little Bit Of Luck, We can Make It Through The Night, with Carissa Potter, Bass and Reiner Gallery, San Francisco, CA, USA
• Escape Routes - SÍM Gallery, Two persons show with Carissa Potter (USA), Reykjavík, Iceland
• I Miss You - SÍM Gallery, 23:22 NW 332°, group show, Reykjavík, Iceland.
• Klara Flug - Rummet nr.6 - solo show, Copenhagen, Denmark.
• Hunker Down - Bass and Reiner Gallery - two - person show with May Wilson, San Francisco, CA, USA, http://www.bassandreiner.com/hunkerdown
• KP - Spring Exhibition 2016 - juried exhibition, Århus, Denmark, http://www.kp-spring.dk
• Mistaken Impressions - group show, curated by Whitney Lynn, Root Division, San Francisco, CA, USA, https://www.rootdivision.org/exhibition-rd-gallery/mistaken-impressions
• KE15 - as last year's awardee, I was invited to participate in the show. Kunstnernes Efterårsudstilling, Copenhagen, Denmark.
• KE14 - Selected for the prestigious juried show: Kunstnernes Efterårsudstilling, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Received this year KE award - KE Award.
• Introduction 2014, Juried Exhibition, Root Division, San Francisco, CA
• Something Completely Different Exhibition, Group Show at CityLimits Gallery, San Francisco, CA - http://citylimitsgallery.com/exhibitions/scd/
• Everyday Zeal, Group Show at Alter Space Gallery, San Francisco, CA http://alterspace.co/
• Lean on Me, Group Show, Refusalon Gallery, San Francisco, CA http://refusalon.com/?p=2048
• Stack and Roll, Solo Show at Spare a Change Space, San Francisco, CA, http://sparechangeartistspace.com/
• Site specific, Group Show: Torrance Art Museum, LA, http://www.torranceartmuseum.com/future.php
• Unsparing Quality, Group show Diane Rosenstein Fine Art, LA, http://www.dianerosenstein.com
• New Growth, invitational exhibition, Root Division, San Francisco, CA
• Taste, invitational exhibition/Spring Fundraising event, Root Division, San Francisco, CA
• Trapper Keeper, Group Show (Jane Kim, Mia Christopher and Mie Mogensen) City Limits Gallery, San Francisco, CA http://citylimitsgallery.com
• Tools, Group show, Root Division, San Francisco, CA http://rootdivision.org/events.html
• KE13 Floatsam Friends was selected to the prestigious juried exhibition; Kunstnernes Efterårsudstilling 2013, Copenhagen, Denmark,http://www.ke-udstilling.dk/, Denmark
• Currency, The Old Mint, San Francisco, CA
• 'Trials', Solo Show, Still Light Gallery, San Francisco, CA
• Artist Television Access, San Francisco featuring video work: Brick Baby, Parallel Parking, Squeek!, CA
• 13 for 13, Group show, curated by Tim Sullivan and Keith Broadwe, Portland State University, Portland
• Screening at Kadist Art Foundation, San Francisco, CA
• Everyday Commune, Solo Show, Still Light Gallery, San Francisco, CA
• The Failure Show, Group Show, The Diego Riviera Gallery, San Francisco, CA
• The Archive Machine, The Diego Riviera Gallery, San Francisco, CA
• Visiting lecturer at Stanford University, CA, USA
• Mentor at Southern Exposure's One on One Mentor Program
• Guest Juror at The Academy of Art
• Visiting lecturer at Saint Mary's College
• Visiting lecturer at San Francisco Art Institute
• Youth Education Teacher at Root Division
• Mentor at Southern Exposure's One on One Mentor Program,
• Youth Education Teacher at Root Division,
• Artist in Residency at Root Division, San Francisco
• Public Artist and Manager of the Light/Sound project 2010, Copenhagen, DenmarkCopenhagen International Theater / K.I.T., Trevor Davis http://www.lyslyd.com/en
• Public Artist and Management of the Light/Sound project 2010: ‘Secrets in Herlev’Copenhagen International Theater / K.I.T., Trevor Davis http://www.lyslyd.com/en
Master of Fine Art- New genres Program, San Francisco Art Institute
Master of Performance-design with a minor in Cultural Studies, Roskilde University
Kunst– und Kulturwissenschaft, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Bachelor of Performance-design, Roskilde University
History of Modern Culture, Copenhagen University
Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts’ School of ArchitectureDepartment 6: Architecture, Space & Form.